Single Hole Hernia Surgery
(SILS – Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery)
Surgery through a single hole to fix an inguinal hernia is also an important and helpful way to treat an inguinal hernia. In this method, a 2 cm cut is made through the navel, and the camera and other tools that were put through 3 separate holes in the laparoscopic inguinal hernia are put through this single hole. Even though this method is very comfortable for the patient and is used at our center, it is not used at every center because it requires advanced laparoscopic skills and knowledge. This method is used to treat a closed inguinal hernia. Just like laparoscopic inguinal hernia surgery, the inguinal hernia is fixed behind the abdominal muscles, and special patches are used. The most important difference between single-hole inguinal hernia surgery and laparoscopic surgery is that this surgery is done with an incision only through the navel that is 2 cm long. With this method, the abdomen will not have any scars from surgery. Inguinal hernia surgery through a single hole is also known as inguinal hernia surgery without scars.
Advantages of Single Hole Inguinal Hernia Surgery
- Because it is done through the belly button, there is no scar from the surgery.
- Less pain in the time after surgery
- Less time in a hospital
- Helps you get better faster.
- With just one small hole in the middle, both sides can be used at the same time.
- Since people can get back to work faster, there is less loss of labor.
Less sense of stress
- There is less loss of feeling because there is no cut in the groin.
- If the first operation was done with an open method, this is the best way to treat a recurring inguinal hernia.
Click here to find out everything you need to know about inguinal hernia surgery.